I have exactly a week before camp starts and until then, I've been enjoying spending time with my family. There's not much to do up here, but I am trying to enjoy it as much as I can because I know that I am going to be super busy this summer and this might be the only opportunity left to just be a huge blob on the couch at my grandma's house watching River Monsters with my mom, dad and grandma.
Bre's mom, DeEtte, showed me where they were. They had been getting ready in this cute little building that was right by the reception area right in the middle of the orchard. Bre looked stunning in her dress and all her bridesmaids looked adorable. Turns out that the dress I wore matched the wedding color scheme (teal, smoky grey and yellow)! Talk about luck, right? I was having trouble walking because heels+rocky dirt paths= FAIL. "Forget this!" I said with a touch of humor and decided to walk around bare footed. I was in charge of the guest book which was a delight for me since I love to be included in big celebrations, especially when its family and weddings.The ceremony was like a dream...Bre came down the aisle looking like a princess. Of course, I had to look at the grooms face and just one look at his face, I knew he loved her. They exchanged vows under a big old oak tree which made the ceremony that much more romantic. I can just tell that both Bre and Chris love the Lord very much and wanted to make sure that they're guests knew that God was the very reason why they were together.
God's presence was totally there. Part of the reception was held in the barn where they had a slideshow and chocolate covered strawberries (MY FAVORITE!!!). Although it started to rain towards the end, the reception was still so perfect. The rain added that romantic feel to it. Lunch was a sack lunch and they decided to personalize their own Jones' soda with their engagement photo on it with a verse from Song of Solomon. We toasted to the couple with the bottles...the whole thing was fun, cheery and had a sense of innocent playful love. Perfection.All in all, it was a dreamy romantic country style wedding fit for a lovely couple. Congrats Chris and Breanna Redner. Happy Honeymooning!
No comments:
Post a Comment