Helloooo world...
Yup. I am still alive. Sorry about not posting for a while, but I have been extremely busy. I have yet to talk about Week 7 or Week 8, but here I go! Sorry if its a lot. Week 7 was Dallas week which is similar to the JEMS week schedule which means a whole extra day of session. It was a long and busy week, but really awesome.
Adrianna was back this week. She and along with Dustin were the campers that I felt like God placed in my life specifically to be their camp counselor last summer. I requested 3rd/4th in hopes of having this little diva in my group again. But it seemed that God had different plans for me. As soon as my boss said I had 1st and 2nd grade, the look on my face said it all. I did NOT want to have 1st and 2nd grade again. I have spent more time with this grade group out of any other one this summer and I just wanted to have older kids because it takes an extra amount of energy to work with them.
However, my heart began to soften for these little guys. My group was awesome and I loved them dearly. Out of all the scavenger hunts I've done, this week topped them all! It was crazy good for lots of reasons...mostly because Frizz got abducted by my friend Shane because he pretended to mistake her for a mermaid (loooooong story). It was hilarious.
By the end of the week, I was exhausted. The highlight of that week was the campfire that Dallas does. All the adults and youth (Day Campers included), share about how God had worked in their lives that week. I was shocked when mostly younger people spoke. There were only 3 adults who spoke and the rest were kids! It was so awesome. The most precious moment to me was when one of the girls from my small group fell asleep in my arms while all this sharing was going on. Afterwards, we sang a bunch of worship songs. My heart was so filled with love and joy in that moment. There's something precious about a child falling asleep in your arms. The peace and innocence is so sweet. I held Sara and sang songs to the Lord that night. So thankful and so blessed that I was there.
No comments:
Post a Comment