Working in the garden is hard work.
There are weeds to pull.
Holes to dig.
Seeds to water.
Blisters to tend to.
With experience, those blisters start becoming calluses. Most people don't think blisters are a good thing. Although painful, blisters become more useful over time. Your hands become stronger and they are able to grip the tools harder and persist through a hard days work.
Sweat drips into your eyes at times and you wonder if your seeds are ever going to make it. Some seeds might make it for a little while, but then stop growing. Others, will get choked out by weeds. Some seeds soil may not have been as enriched, so the seeds don't take root.
Then, there are seeds who take root and blossom. They grow towards the sun and they bloom into beautiful plants that will produce the most fruit.
People in ministry are the gardeners. What a privilege it is to be able to be able to plant seeds for Christ. Sometimes, we may not see the effects of our labor now, but overtime, we may be lucky enough to see the fruits of our long hours, tears, frustrations and most importantly...the love we have for our little plants.
Despite how hard my job is and how many nights I just want to lift my fists towards the sky and shake them in the air, I love my kids with my whole heart. Despite how sometimes I feel they don't listen or care what I am doing, deep down, I know how sacred my role is. I am constantly humbled and so grateful to be able to disciple these kids for my Lord. One day, I will have to let some of them go, but I know that God is going to take care of them. No matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment