"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you..." Psalm 32:8

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Façade: A Premonition of What Really Lurks Beneath COVID 19

Stay Home.
Stay Healthy.
Stay Safe.
Don't.
Do.
Control.
Anxiety.
Fear.

The narrative is quickly changing within society around me. How fragile the human race is and how decrepit is our mindset. What is true? What is false? Who to trust? Who to blame? Where do we go from here? All these thoughts are spoken out loud amidst circles of friends. I haven't gone a day without COVID breathing down my neck...

I want to shake my fists in the air as I become frustrated at humanity as a whole. As a believer, I feel like this pandemic puts the Gospel into a whole new light. How Jesus came and handled all who were sick and He healed them. Yet, even if there was healing, people still denied Jesus and refused to turn their hearts over in repentance. We are blind. We still are.

COVID is just a phantom mask over the real issue at hand and the fear that man has deep rooted into his very being: Death.

People march around saying you're saving lives when you stay at home. Which in part, I do believe to be true. We are to do our part and walk in the wisdom that many, many professionals have been working tirelessly to achieve.

At what cost though? We can do all we can, but yet, we can still get sick. We can still die. No amount of science and medicine can cure the very thing that all of humanity has been diagnosed and destined with: Death.

Adam and Eve's fatal attraction to the very thing God said not to do proved to be their demise. The desire to be above God and the flawed perception that we humans could survive on our own apart from Him. That we can be the answers to our own questions. That we are immune from receiving punishment from our own actions. That we are ABOVE the very law that the Law Maker who created us has given.

You can use words. You can argue. You can work. However, death is still there. So, what is the cure? The real cure to defeating the inevitable?

Jesus.

I cannot deny the very power of that statement. His name alone challenges the very concept of death. He holds the keys of life in His nail scarred hands. He came and flipped this world upside down long before COVID arrived on the scene.

I've been a witness to the wonderful things He has done in my own life, personally. I've heard the claims of many others who could also adhere to my testimony.

I don't know all the answers. I don't know what's to come. But, I do know that I have a tiny flame of hope.

The Gospel is the cure to the real issue at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment