
I just got back from a wonderful mini trip to Yosemite. Unfortunately, it was rainy when we arrived, but we decided to hike around anyways (it was just a drizzle). Although I am not a huge fan of hiking, I did enjoy spending time with my Aunt Lynda and my Uncle Wynn. I hardly get to see them since they live in Texas and this was my uncle's first time in Yosemite! Even though it was FREEZING up there, the sun finally appeared the last two days we were there. And yes....mom and uncle Wynn spotted a bear ;]
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY. I finally am going up to the mountains to Mount Hermon. I am really excited, but of course I'm nervous...I feel the butterflies. New environment, new faces, first job...who wouldn't be nervous? I know God has called me into this ministry this summer. Some people have been asking me the following questions: what do you want out of this summer? What do you want God to do in your life? If I am being perfectly honest....I have NO idea. I am honestly up for anything. I have no 'THIS MUST HAPPEN OR SUMMER IS NOT GOING TO BE AWESOME' thoughts. I am just ready to see what God wants. I am ready to see how God is going to use me. I am an open book....and Jesus has the pen. I know that at times I may have to go out of my comfort zone and I may get weak, but thats when you really gotta get on your knees and ask God for help, strength and encouragement. And TRUST me...there's plenty of that in the Bible. I cannot wait to worship with the kids and all my new friends. To worship in the form of staring in awe at God's wonderful creation. To feel my heart beat to a new rhythm. Last summer was difficult, but I found healing in my Savior's arms (once again). This summer, I hope to give back. To allow God to offer healing, encouragement or laughs through me. I was created to worship. I was created to serve. I was created for a purpose. That purpose is to love, and love and love.
Get ready. Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment