First off, it was a hard week all around. I was finally over my week cold, but the kids this last week were REALLY difficult. It was a week where broken families came in and it definitely reflected through the behavior of some of the children. It was sad, but then that gave me the courage to love them even more. One of my favorite campers was here this last week! His name is Dustin and I just love him cause he's so great. He's had a rough year, but with Twizzler being his counselor for the week, I wasn't worried at all. He even came in during our cleaning time after session and asked if he could take a picture with me and Twizzler (I wasn't even in his grade group). I felt so special.
I had 1st/2nd grade during week 4 and it was crazy. My small group was wonderful (pictured right; aren't they cute?!), but it was the other kids in my grade group that did NOT respond to authority no matter how many times you threatened to take away their privileges. And Heidi (my boss/the principal of day camp) was gone. They didn't be quiet when they were told and they would attack the characters on theme skit while they were trying to act. It was hard. Not to mention we had a lot of runners. That means me and my other friends/fellow counselors book it full speed at our children with Barbie arms because there are children running away or in the street not caring that a car is coming at them. I've had to bear hug a lot of children to prevent them from running away. One kid really tested my patience. He would just look at me and smile when I would count to 3 to try to make him listen and obey...Ohhhhhhh how I wanted to give him a piece of my mind when he would smile at me to test me.However, although the week was rough, I had an amazing conversation with a man in the dining hall. He told me his testimony and after I listened to him, I left that conversation thinking, "Oh my gosh...I literally just spoke to Jesus just now!" It was so cool to see God so at work in that man's life. No wonder people gathered around Jesus when He would preach! What he said was so profound that people couldn't help but tell others. Thats how I felt! I had to tell people! So I did...the first person I found was Fender and of course I had to tell him about what I heard.
Besides the week being crazy, I did not have any lows. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment